We are developing a portfolio of novel non-opioid therapeutics that provide long-lasting pain relief after a single local administration.
Concentric has an extensive IP portfolio, including a USPTO-issued composition of matter patent, that provides extended commercial exclusivity.
Our lead investigational product candidate, CA-008, is a water-soluble prodrug that converts into capsaicin – the naturally occurring molecule that gives chili peppers their heat and is a potent TRPV-1 agonist.
Capsaicin, which has a long history of use as a topical analgesic, selectively and reversibly desensitizes pain conducting nerve fibers (C-fiber nociceptors).
TRPV-1 agonism evokes an initial neuronal excitation that is followed by a durable refractory state to provide long lasting analgesia.
ATTRIBUTES OF OUR PRO-DRUG PLATFORM
Realizing The "Holy Grail" of Pain Management
- Reduced opioid consumption & opioid-related AE's
- Targets pain at source with limited systematic exposure
- Single injection
- Simplifies ongoing care & adherence
- Continuous and extended relief
- Extended pain relief without numbness or weakness